Write for us
Interested in sharing your tool? Are you an expert in one of the topics we cover at Livable Software?
If so, please get in touch and present your idea. We’ll review it and get back to you as soon as possible with our feedback. Note that authors of free tools get to publish free posts on their tools but commercial tools should read our sponsor posts offer option.
Once we agree on the topic, please make sure you follow the following before and after netiquette rules. Once I get a draft version I’ll carefully review it myself and suggest the changes I consider necessary to improve the post (especially considering the audience of this site). You’re free to disagree and withdraw the post at any time though this has never happened before
Rules before sending your contribution:
- Content: Over 400 words. Must be original content. I’ll need a featured image of around 850×500 px to go on top of the post (if you have the same image in other sizes, I could use them as well to better promote the post in other networks). It’s a good idea to also include one or more images to accompany the text. Extra points if you link to other posts on the same topic already published in this portal.
- Format: Write the post in plain text or rich-text format (Word, google drive or similar will work). If you prefer HTML make sure you don’t use strange tags and only send me the part between the body tags. Send the images as separate files.
- Attribution: Provide at least the name and URL as you want them to appear in the post. Even better, I can create an account on the site for you. This will give you better visibility as the author of the post and will allow you to provide a picture, bio, and URL. In this case, I’ll appreciate that you use the account to directly write the post using the WordPress interface of the site. Very easy to use. Just make sure you click on Save Draft and not on Publish!. Focus on the text, I’ll choose categories, tags, excerpt, keywords…
After rules (i.e. what to do once the post has been published):
- Do NOT republish the entire post on your own site but of course link to it from your own site. Publishing a summary is also allowed.
- Share the post in all the social networks that you’re in (and that you use to talk about work) and your own website/s.
- Monitor the post and answer all comments. Engage with the readers and get feedback on your ideas. That’s not a task, it’s a privilege!
- (Optional but appreciated) Promote this site itself. You’re supposed to like this portal anyway, right?